Our Milton Eye Doctors Can Help Your Child Succeed
The connection between good vision and success in school is undisputed. Experts say that about 80 percent of what a student learns in school is information that is presented visually. We live in a visual world. So good vision is essential for a student of any age to reach his full potential and find success in the school setting.
If your child is not succeeding in school, ruling out vision problems should be one of your first steps. Our Milton eye doctors have the skills and expertise to identify if a vision problem is interfering with your child’s ability to access information and participate fully in school and in after-school activities.
Your child may be nearsighted (can’t see far away objects like a blackboard), farsighted (can see objects that are close such as reading a book) and have an astigmatism (a blurring caused by the eyes inability to focus light appropriately).
Watch for These Symptoms in Conjunction with School Challenges
- Headaches or eye strain
- Blurred vision or double vision
- Crossed eyes or eyes that appear to move independently of each other
- Dislike or avoidance of reading and close work
- Short attention span during visual tasks
- Turning or tilting the head to use one eye only, or closing or covering one eye
- Placing the head very close to the book or desk when reading or writing
- Excessive blinking or rubbing the eyes
- Losing place while reading, or using a finger as a guide
- Slow reading speed or poor reading comprehension
- Poor eye-hand coordination
Book Your Child’s Eye Exam in Milton, ON
Having your child’s eyes checked is fast and easy at our optometry practice in Milton, ON. A children’s eye exam can also relieve a lot of worry and guesswork as you help to have him succeed in school. Additionally, we can provide the correct eyewear for every aspect of your child’s life – from classroom to sports eyewear.